Monday, September 8, 2008

Granola

On Friday, the girls and I had a baking day. One of the items we made was granola. I love granola and this is my favorite recipe. I got the recipe from my sister EMM.

Mix:
6 cups oats (rolled or old fashion)
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup powdered milk

Mix and then add to dry mixture:
2/3 cup honey
2/3 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla.

When the mixture is well combined spread on 2 baking sheets that have been sprayed with cooing spray. Bake at 350F for 10 to 15 minutes. the granola will be golden brown. When it has completely cooled you can break it up. Store it in an airtight container.

My Variations:
I sprinkle the top of the granola with cinnamon prior to baking. After it is cooled I mix in almonds and craisins for cereal or m&ms and nuts for a snack. Also, this time I didn't have any wheat germ so I used 1/4 cup ground Flax instead and it worked just as well.

5 friends said...:

Autumn said...

I've always wanted to make my own granola but never have. This looks like a very good recipe that I will actually break down and make! Thanks!!

The Free Family said...

Yummy....I think I'll come down and have some....Is that a knock you hear on your door? :)

Wendi and Matt said...

you can call us anytime after 4 our time. Ill tell matt to call you hopefully today!

Thanks for the recipe! i love granola!!

Shaina said...

I always loved it when I got some of your mom's granola.
Sounds like a good recipe.

BrittanyLane said...

I'm going to try this. It sounds SO yummy.